About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

Thinking aloud

Working off my new-found motivation, trying to get some good inspiration going, I wrote this as a sort of summary of the book. It might eventually be used as something like the back cover or description of the book, but I have no idea yet. It's just kinda what came out as I was writing, trying to remind myself precisely what I want to address in this book and what I hope to accomplish. Tell me what you think of it!  I'm still not even sure what I think of it :P

There is a crisis in the church today. A multi-faceted spiritual illness has overtaken a large portion of professing Christians in the world. Symptoms are manifested in many ways including powerless religion, unfulfilled and wasted lives, a sense of helplessness, burn-out and stress, and even contempt for fellow believers! Neither these symptoms nor their root problems are new issues in the church, nor is their solution. However, as God moves in the heart of His people, stirring for revival and true discipleship, many in the church are seeing the problems of today’s church and trying to root them out.  No longer should we let these issues fester and grow, but now is the time to rise up and fight for our God! It is our duty as His beloved children and friends to join together, fight for His name, and seek His heart. Only then will we fulfill our purpose and change our world for Christ.

No comments: