About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

The Craziest Idea I've Had Yet

So I was plunking around with my writing a bit, working on editing and such, trying to get some inspiration. Then inspiration struck. This is by far the most insane (and I mean insane as in work-creating) inspiration I've had yet, but I think it could really be good. Tell me what you think (I really need some feedback!):
Two books.
Yeah I heard me right, two. Here's the deal: I've been writing several chapters which are somewhat disconnected from each other, and I'm finding that they divide themselves into two different styles/themes. I settled on the name "Journey to the Heart of God" because that's what I felt best described what I wanted to get across to my audience, but I'm finding that journey is actually divided into two seperate but unified things. Namely, there is the personal journey each of us must make on our own to work out our own salvation and eternal life. There is also a battle we all face as soldiers of the cross, fighting against the forces of evil, fighting for the souls of those around us, fighting against the enemies that would drag us and our fellow men down. (for example, the complacency and laziness that get between us and God's will for us).  I feel like it kind of maybe interrupts continuity to have it all together in one book, but might work better as a pair of books. (especially when it comes to the pre-chapter story I've been working on... which I may just drop altogether)
So basically the first book would be like a breaking down of the parable of the sower and how it applies to our lives today. It would provide a sort of a litmus test for the ultimate, all-important question: Do you have eternal life? It would include the synopsis of who we are as the fallen and redeemed creation (the "Who We Are" chapter which some of you have read), a breaking down of the parable of the sower, a self-evaluation of "which soil are you", what it means to truly be in Christ and bear fruit, etc. I'm still working on the idea, so please give me some feedback on how this sounds so far. Any suggestions would help! :)
The second book would be a breaking down of the armor of God (Eph 6:10-20)-- the importance and significance of each piece of armor and how to go about dressing one's self in God's armor. It would include the description of our enemy and our battle (the original 1st chapter some of you have read), a synopsis of the armor of God as described in Ephesians 6, an explaining of each component of the armor, a discussion on the battle and it's outcome... ahhh maybe something more or less. Again, I'm still very much working on these ideas and would like any feedback/brill ideas you have ;)
Basically, WHAT DO YOU THINK? Am I gone nutty or does this sound like it'd be a really good thing? I'm not completely sure... maybe I should play around with the idea a little more...

*edited to add: I just realized I didn't word that quite right... if I did two books, I would publish it as two books in one, not as two separate books. So in a way it'd be like a two-part book... if that makes sense?

No comments: