About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

Pieces of the puzzle

So last night I had another brainwave which I'm hoping will be helpful and good. Basically, I'm scrambling the order of my book a little. What has been chapter 1 up until now is no longer chapter one. It will be more like chapter 5 or 6. I think the new order is a little more logical and better-flowing. We shall see though.... this can be awfully complicated sometimes ^_^  so anyway since chapter 1 is changing now, I wrote a new intro to chapter one. Wanna see it?  ok here goes:
A weary, broken soul collapses by the wayside, too worn to move any further down the path. He has taken a long journey from the land of his birth. He knows not where he is going, nor why his feet carry him on, but he does know that he is growing weary and wants nothing more than to give up his journey. He wants to rid himself of the madness of his purposeless wanderings; he wants a place to call home.

After laying crumpled in the grass for what seems like hours, he suddenly feels a gentle hand touch him on the shoulder. He looks up to find himself staring into the tender eyes a strangely familiar face, as though the face of a long-lost and -forgotten friend. “How long I have searched for you, my lost one!” The deeply compassionate voice moved the depths of the weary soul, “Come, my father awaits. He would have you join the great feast tomorrow evening.” With that the kind stranger lifted the weary traveler, offered him a refreshing drink of water, then carried him to the castle where the King awaited.

Of course, I'll probably work that over and maybe re-write it a little but that's how it stands for now. From there the chapter goes in to talking about who we are as people, the crowning glory of creation, fallen from glory and redeemed. I figure perhaps from there I will talk about the mission of the redeemed, then the battle against the world, the flesh, and satan, then on to the challenge to live for God the way He intends, all to wrap it up with a look at the promises and blessings of God. Mind you this is the third or fourth time I've rearranged things and rewritten my outline so please give me some feedback as to whether that sounds like good logical order or not :)  I just felt like perhaps that order works better so that when people are reading about the problems in the church today (i.e. complacency) they understand first who we are and what we need to be accomplishing, then what are the problems keeping us from accomplishing our mission, then what we need to do to get back on track (i.e. the pursuit of Godliness).  Let me know what you think! :D

No comments: