About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

Chapter 1 intro

Ok so part of my new inspiration was to make chapter introductions to hopefully kind of draw the reader into the chapter. I've always found that when writing, I do best at word pictures, so I thought perhaps I could draw a word picture to help sort of dramatize what I was trying to say in the chapter... Let's try it out (I'm still working through this so feel free to tear it apart)  here's the intro to chapter 1:
An army gathers in the shadows. An army of hideous faces cloaked in deception dons the apparel of things bright, beautiful, and pleasurable. But beneath its deceptive cloak lurk darkness, pain, and suffering. Its fight is against the kingdom of righteousness and ultimately against all mankind, created in the image of the King of Righteousness. Its jaws long to feed on the feeble and strong alike, brining them down to destruction and eternal pain. Evil is the army and sly are its ways. Those who fall prey to it are blinded and numbed by its deception, poisoned by its evil power and brought down to death.
 So whaddya think? Make you wanna read on?  The only difficult part is that I'm not sure how smoothly it flows into the body of the chapter... Here's what is currently the first paragraph of the chapter, and I'm thinking perhaps I should make it part of the intro, because the next paragraph goes into describing the current crisis of the church (this is the edited version of something that was at the end of the preface but I re-edited the preface again and put from this point on in chapter 1):
The leaders of this army are Satan, the enemy of our souls; the fallen world, in which we live; and even our own flesh, which because of the knowledge of evil is desirous of the pleasures of evil. The army is armed with weapons of complacency, falsehoods and twisted lies, laziness, excuses, busyness, discouragement, fear, worry, dissensions, and apathy. These weapons are all closely related and intertwined and are wielded against the souls of men, to destroy any and all who will not stand and fight against it.
ok, input please! :D

No comments: