About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

Directionally Challenged?

Have you ever met anyone who is really bad with driving directions? Well I am not one of those people. Sometimes it almost seems I was born with a built-in GPS, whereby I can tell approximately where I am and how to get where I'm going. I always say, give me a map and I can get there.
But when it comes to writing it seems like a whole other story. I set out to write something and somehow, somewhere along the way my fingers will take over and the next thing I know, I've written something entirely different than I planned on. Sometimes it comes out sounding really good, too. But it's just a whole other direction than I had planned on going. Needless to say, this makes book-writing a little difficult. I know what I want to say and how I plan to get there, but once I get to writing, who knows where I'll go!
I find this to be especially true when I'm writing about complex, multi-faceted subjects. I'll take one branch of the subject, but then I can't seem to figure out how to tie back into the original root and take on another branch. It's quite frustrating and makes writing much more of a challenge, but I don't know how to fix it? Does anybody else have this problem?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
Blessings,
andrea

Debra Worth said...

I can imagine that is frustrating.