About this blog

This blog was created to make it easier for my friends to keep up with my book-writing process. The book is called "Journey to the Heart of God". It is about the importance of pursuing God's righteousness in order to live as He intended so that we can live a full and abundant life: the eternal life Christ came to give us. Happy reading! :D

Black, White, and Grey

Originally posted April 24, 2009 on my personal blog:

K so I was sitting out by the pond thinking and praying and I just semi-randomly had a thought (i.e. I was inspired)... I was singing that Barlowgirl song "Grey" to myself and I was just like WOW as my brain started buzzing. I rushed back to the house and this is what came out. Please tear it apart and LMK what you think (keep in mind this is in the context of much more about complacency in the church):"Grey" areas are a classic example of complacency. We tell ourseles "oh that's not really bad. Maybe it isn't good per se, but it's not bad either... it's a grey area. Grey areas are ok." Then we hang out in the "grey" areas so we don't seem like freaks to the rest of the world. Neverminding that we're supposed to seem like freaks to the rest of the world. We tend to forget to whom we should be comparing ourselves. It is not the world which purchased our pardon, it is not the worrld we owe a great debt. It is Jesus Christ who is our righteousness, therefore it is Jesus Christ who should be our standard of perfection. "Grey" areas are created when we compare ourselves with the world. In the Bible, Jesus is compared with light, the world with darkness. Grey is a combination of black and white. Grey, therefore, cannot be good because it has evil (i.e. darkness) in it, and as the Bible says "a little leaven leavens the whole lump." Grey represents the lukewarm, the mediocre, the blindness that we've allowed to shield our eyes and insulate us from the hurt we are so afraid of from the world. In living in the grey areas we turn our backs on the suffering of Christ which we should, as His followers, gladly partake in.

No comments: